Friday, March 23, 2012

100% Natural popsicles

Today was cold and rainy, not particularly a nice day for making or eating popsicles.  However, since my daughter asks for ice cream 500 times a day and since it was also what I used to potty train her, I have to give in once in a while.  The "ice cream" I am referring to is actually frozen yogurt tubes.  Yogurt tubes contain ingredients I am not fond of such as sugar, fructose, and guar gum.  I want a healthier alternative that doesn't contain any sugar, juice or guar gum and one that I don't feel bad about giving into.

All Natural Popsicles

Measurements depend on how many molds you have.  Use double the amount of fruit to yogurt.

Ingredients:
BioBest plain yogurt (I like this because it is 90% lactose free and my daughter is lactose intolerant)
Frozen/fresh fruit (Your choice)
Optional-small amount of honey for those older kids who know what real popsicles taste like :)

Some fruit combinations I like are mango/peach, strawberry/banana and blueberry/honeydew melon.

Put in blender, place in molds and wait.  I always find the plastic sticks that come with popsicle molds don't work well so I use wooden ones instead.





4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love natural popsicles! We do a different version without the yogurt (my daughter has life threatening dairy allergies).

I'm wondering what combination is in the yellow popsicle?

Ecoblogical said...

Hi Jennifer, thanks for stopping by. The yollow popsicle is Mango by itselfactually.

Anonymous said...

What popsicle mold did you use?

Ecoblogical said...

I actually can't remember where I bought them, sorry:) try super store!