Almost all cleaning products are composed of dangerous toxic chemicals. These chemicals don’t just make your home toxic, they make you toxic, too. They can irritate your skin, make you dizzy or cause asthma and even cancer.
All it takes is a little intervention and willingness to change. There are non toxic options available and I will share some of them with you.
Each day I will publish a new post that will focus on a different room in your home. Take the challenge and stop buying into the idea that these toxic products are necessary for cleaning your home.
Challenge #1-The Living room
Instead of using aerosol wood cleaners, use a microfiber cloth. For a completely natural shine use 1/2 cup of olive oil mixed with 1/4 cup lemon juice (can use bottled lemon juice). My favorite store bought product for wood polishing is Method wood spray. This no-wax formula contains a gentle, cleansing conditioner that brings your wood back to life without leaving residue or buildup. And, it leaves a fresh almond scent in its wake. You can buy this product at Canadian Tire.